vineri, 19 aprilie 2013

Mayweather Confirms Fall Return, Plans To Fight Smarter



The reigning pound for pound king Floyd “Money” Mayweather makes his return to the ring May 4th as he will be taking Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV live on Showtime PPV. Mayweather has been working extremely hard in training camp as it’s no secret Floyd’s work ethic is second to none.

While Floyd is undefeated and extremely confident, he’s definitely not over looking his younger opponent. BoxingScene caught up with the WBC Welterweight champion and asked him how he sees the fight with Robert Guerrero going.

“We really don't know how this fight is going to play out. That's why this fight is so intriguing. His style is kind of awkward but of course me, I'm very, very versatile. I can do a little bit of it all; I can box, I can bang, I can slug and if I have to get dirty, I can get dirty if it leads to that. But the main thing is I have to listen to my dad and be the best Floyd Mayweather that I can be” said the Grand Rapids, MI native.

While Mayweather is more than willing to get down and dirty and slug it out with Guerrero if it comes to that, he is also looking to fight a smart fight. Mayweather is known as a defensive wizard but in his last bout with Miguel Cotto, we saw him get hit more than we’re used to seeing. This time around he’s going to make the proper adjustments and follow his trainer’s instructions.

“I've faced every style so it's not hard for me to make an adjustment. I just have to go out there and see what's the game plan that my dad has in store for me. [I need to] go out there, execute the game plan and be sharp because I feel like when I talked to Stephen A. Smith; I feel like in the Miguel Cotto fight, it was very exciting but I felt I got hit too much. I have to be a smarter fighter and listen to my corner. For this camp I pushed myself harder and I'm in a lot better shape for this fight” said Mayweather.

Floyd definitely isn’t over looking Guerrero at all as he refused to entertain any questions regarding possible future opponents as his entire focus is on this upcoming bout. But one thing he did confirm is that he will be fighting again this year as it will make for his most active year since 2007.

“Yes, yes. Floyd Mayweather will be fighting in September. If I'm not mistaken its September. I don't know the exact date but it’s September” shared a smiling Mayweather.

Floyd looked to be in phenomenal shape as he worked out for the media and put on a solid and intense workout he considered to be light.


Source:boxingscene

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu